[Insight-users] Level set segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Oct 6 11:04:48 EDT 2007

Hi "orientation f"

You will find useful to look at the  FastMarching
example application in:

       InsightApplications/FastMarchingLevelSet

This application is described in:
http://www.itk.org/HTML/FastMarchingLevelSet.htm

You can download the InsightApplications module
by following the instruction given in:

           http://www.itk.org/HTML/Download.php

This application uses FLTK as GUI library (www.fltk.org).

---

The basic rule of thumb for selecting the parameters of the
Sigmoid are given in he ITK Software Guide

         http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In Section 9.3.1. "Fast Marching Segmentation",
in pdf-pages 565-573.

In particular, you will find criteria for finding good values
of the Sigmoid parameters Alpha and Beta, in the discussion
of K1, K2 values presented at the bottom of pdf-page 569.