[Insight-users] Level-set term equation !

sami bourouis sami.bourouis at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:05:47 EDT 2007

Hi

I want to know exactely the level-set formulation used by ITK and especially by the algorithm  itkSegmentationLevelSetFunction. On the other hand, I need to know the mathematical expression of P(x) (propagation or speed term) and Z(x) (curvature term) used by itkSegmentationLevelSetFunction. and what is the major difference between P(x) and Z(x).

I found in this expression :

\f$\phi_{t} + \alpha \stackrel{\rightharpoonup}{A}(\mathbf{x})\cdot\nabla\phi +
\beta P(\mathbf{x})\mid\nabla\phi\mid = \gamma Z(\mathbf{x})\kappa\mid\nabla\phi\mid\f$

 but what is the exression of each term ?
Another question please:

It is possible to integrate the laplacian filter into  the ShapeDetectionLevelSetImageFilter algorithm or GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter. Because here the expression of P(x) and Z(x) are simply and are equally to g(x)  (P=Z=g). So the level-set equation become more easy.

Thanks a lot

sami