[Insight-users] raw data resolution reduction

tony hakki tony2007vtk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 10:40:54 EST 2007

hi;
first of all thank you for your fast reply. I have just started to use shrinkImageFilter. How can we decide how much resolution reduction to  do.  I found an example ,but  i didn't understand that how it is decided. For example I would like to do 1/4 resolution reduction. which command makes it?

thanks in advance
Tony

typedef itk::NormalizeImageFilter<MovingImageType,MovingImageType>
NormalizeFilter;
typedef itk::ChangeInformationImageFilter<MovingImageType>
ChangeInformationFilter;
typedef itk::ShrinkImageFilter<MovingImageType,MovingImageType> ShrinkFilter;
NormalizeFilter::Pointer movingNormalize = NormalizeFilter::New();
sf[0] = 1;
sf[1] = 1;
sf[2] = 1;
ShrinkFilter::Pointer movingShrink = ShrinkFilter::New();
movingShrink->SetInput(input);
movingShrink->SetShrinkFactors(sf);
ChangeInformationFilter::Pointer movingChange =
ChangeInformationFilter::New();
movingChange->SetInput(movingShrink->GetOutput());
movingChange->CenterImageOn();
movingChange->Update();
input->Delete();