[Insight-users] WrapITK Python and SWIG

Erik Anderson eranders at sci.utah.edu
Fri Feb 23 11:33:51 EST 2007

I have recently gotten WrapITK built and installed, but I am running
into some strange behavior.

After importing itk, I issue the following:

 >>> ptype = itk.UC
 >>> dim = 2
 >>> itype = itk.Image[ptype,dim]

And the following error is raised:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/home/eranders/env/itk/Wrapping/WrapITK/Python/itkLazy.py", line
18, in __getattribute__
    itkBase.LoadModule(module, namespace)
  File "/home/eranders/env/itk/Wrapping/WrapITK/Python/itkBase.py", line
24, in LoadModule
    swig.__dict__.update(this_module.swig.__dict__)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'swig'

Just to be sure, I re-installed swig and cable swig but the error
persists.  Has anyone run into this or might be able to shed some light
on the error?

Thanks,
Erik Anderson