[Insight-users] FEMRegistration warped image orientation

Perhavc J.Perhavc at student.tudelft.nl
Thu Feb 22 06:36:09 EST 2007

Hey!

The second problem i experienced as well. The problem is that in new releases of itk, the orientation of the Analyze format is not set by default to RIP(coronal). If orientations are ignored in the code, the exception is thrown. Therefore you need to set the direction of the images via SetDirection() to set them to a supported analyze orientation in order to write them as an analyze file. Bellow is a simple code snippet that assigns the orientation:

// SET THE ORIENTATION FOR WRITING ANALYZE IMAGES
	typedef itk::OrientImageFilter<ImageType,ImageType> OrientImageFilterType;
	OrientImageFilterType::Pointer orienter =OrientImageFilterType::New();
	orienter->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
	orienter->SetUseImageDirection(true);
	orienter->SetDesiredCoordinateOrientation(itk::SpatialOrientation::ITK_COORDINATE_ORIENTATION_RPI);

This worked for me!

Jernej

Message: 6