[Insight-users] VTK vs. ITK

Miller, James V (GE, Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Wed Feb 21 08:46:45 EST 2007

Elena,

Historically, VTK has had more mesh processing algorithms than ITK.
However, there are a new set of algorithms coming into ITK from the
Insight Journal that will provide ITK with many of the mesh algorithms
that are in VTK (as long as the ITK mesh is a 2-manifold).

I personally use ITK for my image analysis tasks and use VTK for the
final visualization.

Jim