[Insight-users] ITK and Java

Jaety Edwards jaety at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 15 22:09:53 EST 2007

Hello all,
Ive installed ITK and WrapITK and am using the Java bindings. I've written
an example Java class that successfully reads a Dicom Image and prints some
information about it (size,origin,etc.). I can also transfer the image data
itself over into a Java array by looping through the image using
itkImage.GetPixel(). However, I'm wondering if there's a more efficient way
to move the pixel data buffer back and forth.

As for the motivation, I'm working with an existing Java GUI for viewing and
interacting with images, but I'd like to use ITK for some of the heavy
lifting.

I'm guessing this question has been asked before, but I haven't had any luck
googling for an answer.
Thanks a lot,
Jaety Edwards