[Insight-users] 1D deformable registration

Mon Feb 12 10:14:27 EST 2007

Here's a strategy to try:

1. Make a 2D Image of size { ImageSize1D , 4 }, where ImageSize is the
length of your 1D Vector image.
2. Copy the 1D vector into the image.  You can do this with simple
itk:Iterators, because your vector image fits into the first row of of the
2D image.
3. Do the registration in 2D.  I haven't tried this but if it works at all,
it should generate a registration that is valid for the 1D vector image.
4. It's probably best do do all processing in terms of the 2D image, and
then copy out the 1D vector image at the end of the pipeline.

Steps 1 and 4 can probably be done with itkFilters, like itkTileImageFilter,
itkCastImageFilter, and itkExtractImage filter.  But using iterators to do
the copy is about the same in terms of lines of code, and can be written as
a short template function.