[Insight-users] wavelet packet transform class...

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Sun Feb 4 14:08:23 EST 2007

As Dan mentioned, you could use/extend his GIFT framework for any DWT's
(discrete wavelet transforms)

On 2/4/07, Dan Mueller <d.mueller at qut.edu.au> wrote:

>  Hi Shahab,
>
> I have provided an implementation of QMF (quadrature mirror filter)
> wavelet decomposition and recomposition in ITK (for the application of image
> fusion). I'm not familiar with the particulars of wavelet *packets* but
> perhaps the QMF filter can get you started:

WPT goes one step further than DWT. Unlike DWT which recursively decomposes
the low pass subband, the WPT, at every level, not only decomposes the low
pass subband, but also the detail subbands.

--
Karthik Krishnan
R&D Engineer,