[Insight-users] GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter

Pui Yu Lau pyl111 at rogers.com
Sun Feb 4 13:52:18 EST 2007

Hi,

    I'm a new user to ITK, and I've been trying to learn to use some of
the segmentation filters.  I've been looking at the Geodesic Active
Contour method, and I am confused on how it actually works.  Looking
through the guide, it seems that it takes two initial image inputs,
where the first one is the initial level set, and the second is the
feature image.  However, when running the example of
GeodesicActiveContourImageFilter, the images used were
BrainProtonDensitySlice.png and
GeodesicActiveContourImageFilterOutput.png, where the latter does not
exist.  So, my question is, in this case, is the BrainProtonDensitySlice
the feature image (input), while the
GeodesicActiveContourImageFilterOutput is the initial level set
(output)?  If not, what exactly is the initial level set image?

- PY