[Insight-users] console appear and disappear

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Feb 4 13:36:50 EST 2007

Hi R.R.

   mmm, you  have spent too much time using Windows   :-(

The Hello World application is not a GUI based application.
That means that if you are using it on Windows and you
simply double-click on it, what you will see is the MS-DOS
console appearing and disappearing rapidly.

What you should do is to first open the MS-DOS console
(by using "cmd" in the Start->"Run..." button of the
Windows task bar, or by searching for it in the menu

   "All Programs"-->"Accessories"-->"Command Prompt"

Once you have the console open, you go to the directory
where you have the executable of the HelloWorld.exe
program. For this you use the "cd" command.

Finally you execute the program by typing:

          HelloWorld.exe

As a response, the program should simply print out
the following message in your console:

              ITK Hello World !