[Insight-users] How to sum pixels row-by-row?

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Feb 2 05:35:57 EST 2007

Hi,

Le Fri, 02 Feb 2007 05:13:55 +0100, Ali - <saveez at hotmail.com> a écrit:

> What is the best way of summing an image row-by-row? The slice-by-slice
> class provided in the insight journal is great, however, it does not
> allow input and output of different sizes.

Please look at the "projection along an axis" contribution to the insight
journal
http://insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/view_reviews.php?back=publications.php%3Fjournalid%3D4%26order%3Drating%26revision_display%3Dcombined&pubid=71

You can also find it in ITK cvs.

> It is strange how ITK can perform so many elaborated image processings,
> but it takes hours to figure out how to implement some elementary matrix
> manipulations. I thought the inclusion of VXL in ITK means having a fast
> MATLAB-style image processing toolkit in c++.

That's right that many filters are missing to perform simple tasks.
ITK is open source, and open to contributions. Feel free to contribute
contribute new code to the insight journal :-)

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)