[Insight-users] levelset alters output voxel size occasionally

rashedk rashed.vtk at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 15 21:33:31 EST 2007

Hi All,

I am using the threshold level-set implementation given in:
Examples/Segmentation/ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx

I have noticed that *occasionally* for some images, the output of the filter
has different voxel size/dimensions from the input speed image. The result
of this is that the segmented image appears to be displaced when overlaid on
top of the speed image.

For example, when I check the headers for the speed image I get this:
Voxel dimensions are 0.911458 0.911458 1.3
Voxel type is short

But, the output of the levelset filter has these dimensions (seems like it
has rounded them off??) :
Voxel dimensions are 1 1 1
Voxel type is unsigned char

How can I avoid this from happening? I want the output to retain the voxel
dimension/size of the input.

Thanks,
Rashed karim