[Insight-users] Image Interpolation and Slice Extraction

Wagner Sales wsales at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:52:11 EST 2007

Hi all,

May be this question can be "obvious", but I'm searching about the theme and
I'm very confused.
What's I'm doing:
1 - Reading a DICOM serie with the itk::GDCMImageIO and
itk::ImageSeriesReader;
2 - Casting the image type to unsigned char by using
itk::RescaleIntensityImageFilter;
3 - Extracting slices from x, y and z by using itk::ExtractImageFilter;

Well, when I extract in transversal ( z direction ) the images are correctly
extracted. But when I extract the others axis, that's not works.
I think that's are because the slices in z direction are the "real" slices,
and to extract in other axis I need to do some interpolation task before.
Then I think that's I need:
1 - Choose the apropriate aproach to interpolate ( e.g Linear );
2 - Setting some filter to do this and, at least, setting the size and
spacing of the output image ( that's values can be achieved in my original
image, correct? )
3 - Runs the filter and works with the output image to cast to unsigned char
and extract my slices.

After taking a look at Software Guide and some internet searchs, I'm yet
pretty confused if that's are the correct way and where are the correct
filters to do that, or if have another way to follow.
Then:
That's are the correct way?
If not, where I needs to start?
Have some code example of this task?