[Insight-users] itkResampleImageFilter

Ivan Dmitriev dmitriev at isiosf.isi.it
Tue Dec 11 07:12:20 EST 2007

Hello,

   I'm having some problems with itkResampleImageFilter. Suppose that I
have an image of initial size 512x512x10 pixels, and initial resolution
of 1x1x1 mm. I'd like to up resample the image in Z axis to 20 pixels (so
the output image would be 512x512x20 pixels). To do that I'm setting to
itkResampleImageFilter output resolution as 1x1x0.5 mm and size of
512x512x20 pixels. The origin is kept from input image which is equal to
0x0x0. What I have as output is the image where 19 slices are normal (with
information from original image) and last (slice number 20) is filled with
the default value. Am I forgetting something or misunderstood
the way filter works? Because using VTK it was enough to set the output
resolution OR size and filter calculates other output parameters by itself
:) Thank you in advance,

Ivan