[Insight-users] itkGeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter extract outer contour

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Dec 8 19:05:13 EST 2007

Hi Matthias,

a) for an ITK + VTK solution:

You may want to look at the examples:

    itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK.cxx
    itkReadITKImageSegmentShowVTK.cxx

They show how to display the contour of a segmentation
on top of the original image by using an ITK to VTK
image conversion and the vtkContour filter.

b) for a full ITK solution

If you want to do the following:

    - Threshold the output level set to produce a binary image.

    - Use the SimpleContourExtractorImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SimpleContourExtractorImageFilter.html
       to generate a 1-pixel wide contour

    - then connect the input image and the contour image to
      the label overlay image filter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1LabelOverlayImageFilter.html