[Insight-users] question about "clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete"

Peter Cech pcech at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Sat Dec 8 08:30:15 EST 2007

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 09:50:32 +0800, WangPing wrote:

> I used date to check the time of the linux machine, the date and time is  correct.  I still do not understand why I got this message.

IIRC, make will warn about clock skew if a source file has time in the
future.  It might be that the source tarball contains incorrect
timestamps, or the system time was corrected (changing backwards)
between unpacking and compilation. If the problem persists, run this
command in your source directory:

  find . -print | xargs touch

It will update the modification time to present and after you regenerate
makefiles (and make clean, just in case), the warning should be gone.
Let me know if it worked.

Regards,
Peter