[Insight-users] Re: volview plugin DLL post-build error

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Dec 5 09:46:29 EST 2007

On 12/4/07, mrcheung at mdanderson.org <mrcheung at mdanderson.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am testing making volview plugin. I used a plugin already available and
> build it. Got this error, although a DLL file was generated. When I
> manually copy the DLL file generated this way into the Volview Plugin
> folder, the Volview does not seem to see it. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Rex
>
> My Cmake setting:
> Where is the source code: C:\Insight2\InsightApplications
> Where to build the binaries: C:\Insight2\InsightApplications-VSNET
> ITK_Dir: C:\Insight2\insight-vc++
> Volview_Binary_Dir:C:\Insight2\InsightApplications-VSNET\VolviewPlugIns

Rex:

The specification of VolView_BINARY_DIR is incorrect. This is supposed to
refer to the binary directory where VolView.exe is present. This is why you
get an error from the PostBuild copy process. There is no "Plugins"
directory in InsightApplications. The PostBuild Copy is meant to copy the
DLL for you to VolV I would suggest that you simply wipe this cache entry
out. (You can do that by rightclicking on this cache entry and selecting
Delete).

In any case, VolView should've been able to load the DLL if you dropped it
into its Plugins folder. Could you please verify if you dropped it in the
right place as shown below.

VolView.exe

  ---- Plugins/

             ----- vvITKSigmod.dll (should be dropped here).

------ Build started: Project: vvITKSigmoid, Configuration: Debug Win32
> ------
>
> Compiling...
> vvITKSigmoid.cxx
> Linking...
>    Creating library Debug\vvITKSigmoid.lib and object
> Debug\vvITKSigmoid.exp
> Performing Post-Build Event...
> Error copying file "/.\Debug/vvITKSigmoid.dll" to
> "C:/Insight2/InsightApplications-VSNET/VolviewPlugIns/.
> \Debug/Plugins/vvITKSigmoid.dll".
> Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing
> Post-Build Event..."
>
> Build log was saved at "file://c:
> \Insight2\InsightApplications-VSNET\VolviewPlugIns\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> vvITKSigmoid - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Karthik Krishnan
R&D Engineer,
Kitware Inc.