[Insight-users] Notes on WrapITK under Windows

Ali - saveez at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:56:50 EDT 2007

Le 7 août 07 à 16:56, Ali - a écrit : >>>>>>> > >> > > (1) The linker complains about the debug version of the python> > > library. Python for windows is not shipped with the debug library,> > > however, it can be downloaded somewhere from http://> > > www.activestate.com .> >> > I never tried that - only a basic install of the binaries from  > python> > website.>> What python version did you use? python 2.5, and wrapitk built in Release mode > VS complains about not finding python24_d.lib, you> may want to include Dan's trick so that it can be generated  > automatically.>> >> > >> > > (2) Compilation with the default cmake settings takes a long-long> > > time generating over 3 Gb of binaries. Obviously, it will take a> > > big-big memory to load all these libraries at run time. As ITK is> > > continuously gworing, this will get worse and worse -- perhaps it> > > is necessary to re-design the architecture of the wrapping  > mechanism.> >> > sure.> > The explicit instantiation may be a solution. We didn't get enough> > time to experiment it with wrapitk though.>> Could you explain more about this?> I think that the problem is this one : wrapitk instantiate a lot of  template specialization, but never reuse the common superclasses -  the super classes are built and built again in all the .o files.The explicit instantiation would let us put those compiled  superclasses in a shared object, and reused that compiled code. > >> > >> > > (3) The compilation of finished with 122 warnings and 8 errors.  > the> > > warnings are mainly C4804, possibly microsfot-related disasters,> > > but safe to ignore. However, the errors are more concerning, I> > > think this has been posted here before, but not resolved yet:> > >> > > Error 9 error C2248:> > >  > 'itk::ReconstructionImageFilter<TInputImage,TOutputImage,TCompare>::En> > > largeOutputRequestedRegion' : cannot access protected member> > > declared in class> > >  > 'itk::ReconstructionImageFilter<TInputImage,TOutputImage,TCompare>'> > > e:\dev\itk\WrapITK-bin\Modules\Morphology> > > \wrap_itkReconstructionByErosionImageFilterPython.cxx 2888> > >> > > Error 10 error C2248:> > >  > 'itk::ReconstructionImageFilter<TInputImage,TOutputImage,TCompare>::En> > > largeOutputRequestedRegion' : cannot access protected member> > > declared in class> > >  > 'itk::ReconstructionImageFilter<TInputImage,TOutputImage,TCompare>'> > > e:\dev\itk\WrapITK-bin\Modules\Morphology> > > \wrap_itkReconstructionByErosionImageFilterPython.cxx 6154> > >> >> > It looks more to an ITK bug than specifically a wrapitk one.> >> > What ITK version are you using?> > Are you using the wrapitk include in ITK?>> InsightToolkit-3.2.0, following WrapITK documentation, I downloaded  > the source from> your website a few days ago. this cannot be an ITK bug as ITK was  > compiled sucessfully.> Please use the one included in ITK - the website is outdated. Just set USE_WRAP_ITK to on with cmake, and rebuild itk. Gaëtan --