[Insight-users] understanding vnl_amoeba

Ekaterina Syrkina syrkina at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 30 10:07:08 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm not ITK-user, but I address my question to this list as there is a
wrapper around the vnl_amoeba algorithm in ITK. Hope some of you may
help me.

I'm using vnl_amoeba class for minimisation of my multidimensional
function and observe some confusing behaviour... The result of the
optimisation ("minimisation") is bigger than the starting value. Has
anyone experienced similar problems?

My understanding of the Downhill Simplex Method is that we always keep
"lowest" simplex point, so we never get function value which is worse
than initial. Is it correct?

Thanks,
Katya