[Insight-users] multidimensional EM with volumetric images in ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Apr 30 09:00:32 EDT 2007

Hi Audette,

Yes,
what you are planning to do is entirely feasible with ITK.

1) Why do you want to pass the image through  VTK ?
    it seems that most of it can be done directly in ITK

2) You may want to look at the papers regarding new
    readers for the MINC format in the Insight Journal:
      http://www.insight-journal.org/
http://insight-journal.org/dspace/handle/1926/191

3) If you read your images using a Vector type as pixel
    type, for example, FixedArray<double,6>, you can then
    connect this image to an ImageToListAdaptor, and then
    use the resulting ListSample class in the framework
    of any classifier, such as the EM methods.

    When you take a image with multiple-components pixel
    type and adapt it as a ListSample, it generates a
    multi-variate sample.