[Insight-users] Re: Need help with itkPointSetToPointSetRegistration

Eve Heyes evelyn_heyes at homeworking.org
Sat Apr 28 14:10:54 EDT 2007

Hi Luis,

I am trying to observe the evolution of the optimization. I have used an observer to update the position values (see below). However, nothing was observed; as if the optimization ended in the first iteration. I have used very few sets of points; could this be why?

Thanks,
Eve

Set1

-0.268955 5.36033 30.5068
-0.268955 5.08468 27.3331
-0.816196 8.54178 24.9906
-10.7404 2.91095 25.7686
10.8408 2.91095 25.7686
-4.81812 11.6438 25.7686
4.81812 11.7442 25.7686

Set2

-0.0752423 12.2746 -82.7269
24.9043 11.6886 -85.8659
0.196281 14.329 -88.1486
-10.8841 9.06179 -87.67
11.1226 8.97906 -87.67
-4.59649 18.6587 -87.67
4.58675 18.6587 -87.67

class CommandIterationUpdate : public itk::Command
{
public:
  typedef  CommandIterationUpdate   Self;
  typedef  itk::Command             Superclass;
  typedef itk::SmartPointer<Self>  Pointer;

  itkNewMacro( Self );
protected:
  CommandIterationUpdate() {};
public:

  typedef itk::LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer OptimizerType;
  typedef  const OptimizerType   *    OptimizerPointer;

  void Execute(itk::Object *caller, const itk::EventObject & event)
    {
      Execute( (const itk::Object *)caller, event);
    }

  void Execute(const itk::Object * object, const itk::EventObject & event)
  {
        OptimizerPointer optimizer = dynamic_cast< OptimizerPointer >( object );

	    if( typeid( event ) != typeid( itk::IterationEvent ) )
        {
			return;
        }

	//	std::cout << optimizer->GetValue();
		std::cout << ") ";
		std::cout << optimizer->GetCurrentPosition ();
  }

};

Could this be due to the simplicity of the problem?