[Insight-users] Accessing data buffer of images and displacement fields

Alexander Schmidt-Richberg a_schmiri at web.de
Wed Apr 18 06:47:18 EDT 2007

Hello ITK users,

in my application I need do iterate a lot and in many different ways over various images. For performance reasons I realise this data access directly via GetBufferPointer().
What works perfectly for an ordinary image, seems to be difficult for an displacement field, where the pixels are e.g. itk::Vector objects. Is there any possibility to access the vector values directly without using the [] operator (or calling GetDataPointer() on the vector, which doesn't seem efficient for an 3D vector either)? Or, alternatively, how significant do you estimate the function call overhead for the [] operator?

Thanks for your help,

Alexander