[Insight-users] Re: Cellular images : Level Set segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Apr 5 08:59:23 EDT 2007

Hi XueQuan

1) If you look at the signature of the GetVoronoiMap() method,
    you will notice that the image type of the Voronoi map is
    defined by the second template parameter of the filter.

    Therefore, if you anticipate that there will be more than 255
    regions in the Voronoi partition, then you should use an image
    type with larger pixel capacity. For example, an image of pixel
    type "unsigned short", or even larger "unsigned long".

2) Note that you use the seed in a preprocessing filter
    (the FastMarching filter), you should still put the seeds inside
    the [biological] cells, grow from them initial level set, that
    outgrow the cells (e.g. that are larger than the cells), then
    you negate this initial level set and pass it as input to the
    ShapeDetection or the GeodesicActiveContours level set, so it
    will now progress by shrinking towards the [biological] cells.