[Insight-users] Header files not found for surface extraction example

Catherine Peloquin cepeloquin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:13:28 EDT 2007

I am trying to build and run the example surface extraction example
originally located in Examples/Filtering/SurfaceExtraction.cxx.   I made a
copy of the entire Filtering folder outside of the Insight directory,
successfully ran ccmake, and tried to build the examples in that folder
using gmake.

I got a lot of error messages, but believe that they all originate from the
following errors:
/ITK/InsightToolkit-3.2.0/Examples/Filtering/AntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.cxx:38:32:
itkImageFileReader.h: No such file or directory
/ITK/InsightToolkit-3.2.0/Examples/Filtering/AntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.cxx:39:32:
itkImageFileWriter.h: No such file or directory
/ITK/InsightToolkit-3.2.0/Examples/Filtering/AntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.cxx:40:32:
itkCastImageFilter.h: No such file or directory
/ITK/InsightToolkit-3.2.0/Examples/Filtering/AntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.cxx:41:44:
itkRescaleIntensityImageFilter.h: No such file or directory
/ITK/InsightToolkit-3.2.0/Examples/Filtering/AntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.cxx:54:43:
itkAntiAliasBinaryImageFilter.h: No such file or directory

I am only using the pre-made examples files, although I did add the code:
#
# FIND ITK, TAKEN FROM
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2003-July/004278.html ON 3-30-07
#
FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
IF (USE_ITK_FILE)
  INCLUDE (${USE_ITK_FILE})
ELSE (USE_ITK_FILE)
  MESSAGE( FATAL_ERROR "This application requires ITK. One of these
components is missing. Please verify configuration")
ENDIF (USE_ITK_FILE)

after INCLUDE_REGULAR_EXPRESSION("^.*$") in the file CMakeLists.txt.

What am I doing wrong to get these errors?  I was able to successfully build
and run other examples, including the examples in DataRepresentation/Image.

Thank you,
Catherine