[Insight-users] narrow band level set implementation in ITK?

Biswajit Bose cielbleu at csail.mit.edu
Sun Sep 17 19:00:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

Is there an implementation of the narrow-band level-set method in ITK? I
wish to implement a region-based curve evolution algorithm similar to
those of Tsai [1] and Kim et al. [2]  for separation of regions of an
image based on differences in mean intensity. I have available the speed
function for my problem, and am looking for level-set code into which I
can plug in this function to solve the associated PDE.

I know that ITK has a filter that implements the fast marching method,
but my speed function is such that it cannot guarantee constant
expansion of the contour from its initial position.

Any pointers in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bis

[1] Andy Tsai, Ph.D. thesis, MIT, 2000
(http://ssg.mit.edu/group/alumni/atsai/Papers/PhDThesis.pdf)
[2] Junmo Kim, John Fisher III, Anthony Yezzi, Jr. and Mujdat Cetin
(ICIP 2002, vol. 3, pp. 797-800)

--
Biswajit Bose
Graduate Research Assistant