[Insight-users] Progressevent in GDCMSeriesFileNames ?

Thomas Lambertz thomas at hexerei-software.de
Wed May 3 04:59:45 EDT 2006

Hi there,

i have a situation that there are several dicom-series in one directory.
Filenames of series are not similar but more a kind of hashcodes. So i
use ITK::GDCMSeriesFileNames to get a list of them. But in some
situations there are so much that it takes 12s-15s to scan the
directory. That´s not a real problem but i want to provide a
progress-indication to the user. I added a Observer to my namegenerator
- but only event i get is when the scan is finished. Seemes
GDCMSeriesFileNames does not provide itk::ProgressEvent() - right ? Does
i have a chance to make it work (without changing itk-library-code itself) ?

Kind regards,
Tom

PS: I tried this way:

nameGenerator->AddObserver(itk::ProgressEvent(), observer);
got no events

nameGenerator->AddObserver(itk::AnyEvent(), observer);
got one event when scan is finished

scan is performed by
nameGenerator->SetDirectory( dicomDirectory );