[Insight-users] itkImageSeriesReader + itkStreamingImageFilter

Markova Aneta amarkova at etro.vub.ac.be
Fri Mar 31 06:17:52 EST 2006

Dear all,

I am trying the stream the reading of a DICOM series with the
itkStreamingImageFilter, smooth and then sub-sample the volume.
I have attached Observer to the streaming filter, which triggers the
reading of the DICOM files for each required streamed region.

I am using very simple pipeline:
[DICOMReader] -> [CastImageFilter] -> [MeanFilter] -> [ResampleFilter]
-> [StreamimgFilter] -> [WriteVolume]

I have DICOM series 512x512x250, which is streamed in 3 pieces
Region0: index 0x0x0 		size512x512x84
Region1: index 0x0x84 		size 512x512x84
Region2: index 0x0x168 	size 512x512x82

And then it is sub-sampled by 2. Thus the output volume has dimensions
of 512x512x125.

The problem I have encountered is that the first slice from the second
streamed region (i.e. slice 42) doesn't contain correct data. It seems
that to its data from the last slice (i.e. slice 124) is added (Please,
see the attached file.)
I have test with different numbers of streamed regions, and the problem
persists. It is even stranger that there is no such a problem with the
rest of the streamed regions.

I am completely lost, I have spent few days to analyze it, but still I
don't have any idea.
Could anyone give me a hint where might be the problem, is it the image
reader or the streaming filter?

Thanks,
Aneta