[Insight-users] CableSwig and ITK : Build ok but install directory trouble

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Mar 29 07:53:00 EST 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:27:23 +0200, Vincent Page <vpage at univ-ag.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install ITK 2.6 to use with python 2.4
> on a Linux Mandrake 10.2 server.
>
> So I get the cvs version of Cable Swig (don't know if it
> was the only solution) into the Utilities directory of ITK.
>
> I had no troubles when : ccmake , make , make install.
> (to sum up. Indeed I had some troubles but the README
> was pretty good at helping me ;-) )
>
> Right now, it does work for me as a user, but I have
> to set the PYTHONPATH variable to
> /home/mylogin/Python/librairies/InsightToolkit-2.6.0/Insight-Binary/Wrapping/CSwig/Python/
> which refers to the building directory of ITK.
>
> Indeed, when I look throught the filesystem to InsightToolkit,
> I can find for example
> /usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/itkCastImageFilter_2D.py
>
> It looks like the make install did not add CSwig to the install
> directory of ITK
> If someone had an idea....

Hi Vincent,

You can give a look at WrapITK, which is a lot better than the current
wrapping system for python.
Please look at the contribution to the insight journal
(http://insight-journal.org).
If you decide to try it, please report any problem (or success) you may
have, and we'll try to fix it as quickely as possible.

Regards,

Gaetan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann