[Insight-users] CableSwig and ITK : Build ok but install directory trouble

Vincent Page vpage at univ-ag.fr
Wed Mar 29 03:27:23 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to install ITK 2.6 to use with python 2.4
on a Linux Mandrake 10.2 server.

So I get the cvs version of Cable Swig (don't know if it
was the only solution) into the Utilities directory of ITK.

I had no troubles when : ccmake , make , make install.
(to sum up. Indeed I had some troubles but the README
was pretty good at helping me ;-) )

Right now, it does work for me as a user, but I have
to set the PYTHONPATH variable to
/home/mylogin/Python/librairies/InsightToolkit-2.6.0/Insight-Binary/Wrapping/CSwig/Python/
which refers to the building directory of ITK.

Indeed, when I look throught the filesystem to InsightToolkit,
I can find for example
/usr/local/lib/InsightToolkit/itkCastImageFilter_2D.py

It looks like the make install did not add CSwig to the install
directory of ITK
If someone had an idea....

Best regards,
Vincent Pagé.