[Insight-users] Reinitializing level sets.

Niranjan Joshi njoshi at robots.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 09:59:23 EST 2006

Hi there,

I was trying to figure out how to reinitialize level sets in derived
classes of segmentationLevelSetImageFilter. I found out the following
code in the mailing list archives:
================
typedef typename itk::ReinitializeLevelSetImageFilter< RealImageType >
DistanceFilterType; m_DistanceFilter = DistanceFilterType::New();
m_DistanceFilter->SetInput( inputBinaryImage );
m_DistanceFilter->NarrowBandingOn();
m_DistanceFilter->SetNarrowBandwidth( m_BandWidth );
m_DistanceFilter->Update(); typedef typename
DistanceFilterType::NodeContainerPointer NodeContainerPointer;
NodeContainerPointer nodes = m_DistanceFilter->GetOutputNarrowBand();

but I am a bit confused about how I can use this piece of code in the
derived class. specifically I am not very clear about
1. how to use "m_DistanceFilter->GetOutputNarrowBand()" exactly in the
derived class to reinitialize the level sets
2. how can I set the input to the reinitialization filter during the
iterations.

Thank you very much in advance,
Niranjan.