[Insight-users] strange problem about the example _fuzzy connectdness

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Mar 26 10:58:02 EST 2006

Hi Kuang,

The FuzzyConnectedness code is covered by a Patent by the
University of Pennsylvania.

In order to compile this code in ITK you should reconfigure
your build with CMake, go to Advanced options and enable
the option:

                        ITK_USE_PATENTED

This will enable the compilation of the examples in the
directory:

                  Insight/Examples/Patented

Please note that in order to use this method you must get
a license from the patent holder. Even if you work in a
University, you are not exempted from the requirements
of patent protection.

I would *strongly encourage* you to utilize any of the
*non-Patented* sementation methods that are available in ITK.