[Insight-users] Linking errors with ITK+WTL - help please

Frank Gao gao at mdimaging.com
Thu Mar 23 20:24:33 EST 2006

Hi All,

I am trying to use WTL to develop ITK/VTK a sample application. There seems
to be no problem to get VTK work, but some issues with ITK.

The application is to open and show a DICOM file.

Hundreds of linking errors like this one:
msvcprtd.lib(MSVCP71D.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __thiscall
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & (__cdecl*)(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &))"
(??6?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@QAEAAV01 at P6AAAV01@AAV01@@Z@
Z) already defined in MainFrm.obj

I came across some page in ITK site, which said that including aIl ITK files
before any other ones may help. I tried this, but then the code won't
compile.

If I use 'ignore default library', I get lots of error like this:
ITKNrrdIO.lib(enum.obj) : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _calloc
imported

Would anybody please point out a solution to this? Does WTL or ITK have a
version of stream libs?

Thanks,

Frank