[Insight-users] Using MultiResolutionImageRegistrationMethod

Ranjan, Sohan (GE, Research) sohan.ranjan at ge.com
Mon Mar 20 07:23:00 EST 2006

I would appreciate if I could get clarification on the following vis-a-vis
MultiResolutionImageRegistrationMethod:

1. Does the code uses copies of downsampled images for computation, or
    image iterators are used smartly for computation?

2. Is it possible to skip levels in registration?

For example, suppose I have a huge image which is read, but I want to do registration
at the four-times resolution. Can I use an instance of MultiResolutionImageRegistrationMethod
with, say, 4 levels, and then I do registration only at the extreme coarse level and exit. By doing
this, I would not need to make an extra copy of the downsampled image.

Sohan Ranjan