[Insight-users] StreamingImageFilter Observer?

Markova Aneta amarkova at etro.vub.ac.be
Fri Mar 17 08:02:17 EST 2006

Dear all,

I am interested in monitoring the itkStreamingImageFilter in order to
obtain information when the pipeline starts execution on the different
image regions.
Till now I have only managed to monitor the StartEvent/EndEvent of the
filter as shown below.

Does anybody can give me a hint what type of command observer I should
use in order to observe the execution of a specific method.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Aneta

class CommandIterationUpdate : public itk::Command
{
public:
  typedef  CommandIterationUpdate   Self;
  typedef  itk::Command             Superclass;
  typedef itk::SmartPointer<Self>  Pointer;
  itkNewMacro( Self );
protected:
  CommandIterationUpdate() {};
public:
  typedef short	PixelType;
  typedef itk::Image<PixelType, 3>   ImageType;
  typedef itk::StreamingImageFilter<ImageType, ImageType>
StreamerType;
  typedef const StreamerType           *StreamerPointer;

  void Execute(itk::Object *caller, const itk::EventObject & event)
  {
    Execute( (const itk::Object *)caller, event);
  }

  void Execute(const itk::Object * object, const itk::EventObject &
event)
  {
    StreamerPointer streamer = dynamic_cast< StreamerPointer >( object
);
    if( ! itk::StartEvent().CheckEvent( &event ) )
      {
      return;
      }
    std::cout << "StreamingImageFilter Start Event" << std::endl;
  }
};