[Insight-users] More compilation problems with VectorImage

Uwe Köhler U.Koehler at gmx.de
Mon Mar 13 08:47:12 EST 2006

Dear Karthik,

many thanks for your quick reply. This goes a bit in the direction of a bug I
submitted earlier, where it was unclear to the user that a crash occured due
to an unsigned pixel type in an image. When looking at the documentation it
is rather supprising that a filter for vector valued images does not work von
Vector images.

I can see that for a number of filters it is not clear what they should do
when faced with vector valued images, but many should be able to cope (apply
the filter to every component found?). In that case the number of components
also does not need to be fixed at compile time. It should be enough to be
able to get the number of components. I am quite clearly missing a very
important point here. I have used ITK for a number of years now, but trying
to introduce people to it, the fact that the there is no documentation of the
compatability of filters with types of input images always seems to pose a
rather large problem. Could this be documented for every filter and adaptor
(see my post about VectorImageToImageAdaptor and Iterators).

I know that it fails already during compilation, however, I would prefer not
to find out the hard way.

Cheers

Uwe