[Insight-users] Re: Quoting Itk/Vtk docs in a commercial product documentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 10 17:48:53 EST 2006

Hi Viet,

Thanks for your detailed question.

You are welcome to cite the ITK and VTK documentation
both in technical papers and in the documentation of
your commercial products.

You will find suggestions on how to cite ITK in
the FAQ page of the ITK Wiki:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ#How_do_I_cite_the_use_of_ITK_in_a_publication.3F

In order to cite VTK you could use the following:

   1) The Web site: (http://www.vtk.org)

   2) The Book :

       "The Visualization Toolkit"
       William Schroeder, Ken Martin, Bill Lorensen
       3rd Edition. Kitware, Inc., 2004".
       ISBN: 1930934122

   3) The Book:

      "The VTK User's Guide"
      Version 4.4
      by Kitware Inc.
      ISBN: 1930934130

Please let me know if you have any other questions,