[Insight-users] How to build ITK applications with 64 bits in Solaris 10

Yao, Weiguang wyao at hrsrh.on.ca
Thu Mar 9 11:41:33 EST 2006

Hi, Kevin:

I have tried some ways. The problem seems that SUN sparc needs Forte C to
compile 64 bits programs (using the flag -xarch=generic64), while ITK for
Solaris still need gnu c/c++ compilors. So CC (SUN sparc compilor) cannot
compile ITK, and c++ (gnu) cannot recognize the flag -xarch=generic64. If
SUN is not sparc, but x86, there may not be the problem by using the flag
-m64. But I am not sure.

It's truly out of my ability, so I am changing my code so that I can use ITK
to perform various functions but for the large memory computation part I
separate it to be an isolated one.

Weiguang