[Insight-users] How to build ITK applications with 64 bits in Solaris 10

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Wed Mar 8 08:04:39 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 10:16 -0500, Yao, Weiguang wrote:
> Hi, ITKs,
>
> In my ITK applications, I find the program can use only about 50% memory of
> the machine(SUNFire, total 8G).
> I want to try 64 bits to increase the usage of memory. Can anybody tell me
> how to do it?  I use CMake in the
> configuration. Thanks a lot!
>
> Weiguang Yao

There are a few Sun machines on the dartboard.

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Dashboard/MostRecentResults-Nightly/Dashboard.html

Posting your cmake cache or some details about what you tried in cmake
might help.  You could describe what you tried to do and how you
measured the memory usage to give somebody some hints as to what's going
on.  What specific Sun OS are you using?  Does the memory manager ever
let you get ALL the memory.  Is this a compiled ITK or a binary
install?  ...