[Insight-users] How to implement P-method in the ITK FEM framework

Nick Tustison tustison at grasp.cis.upenn.edu
Fri Mar 3 15:24:27 EST 2006

Junyi,

I spoke with my FEM colleagues (the people that actually
wrote the library) and we are not familiar with the
p-method.  There is nothing inherent in the current
framework which would proscribe higher order elements.
Unfortunately, however, they have yet to been written.  I
have written B-spline elements which allow for arbitrary
order but they have not been introduced formally into
the ITK release although we anticipate remedying this
very soon.  Considering that the documentation, or rather
lack thereof, makes the FEM library almost impervious to
decipherment, perhaps we can discuss in greater detail
the potential upgrades to the FEM library.

Let me know,
Nick Tustison