[Insight-developers] Re: [Insight-users] concept checking in AccumulateImageFilter

Casey Goodlett gcasey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 19:46:37 EST 2006

Hello,

I was the person who initially reported this difficulty to Amy.  I have
existing code that uses the AccumulateImageFilter to find the mean of
several volumes stacked into a 4D dataset from the TileImageFilter.  I have
several 3D vector image volumes which I stack into a 4D volume using
TileImageFilter, and then I use the accumulate filter to find the mean 3D
volume.  Requiring the mean image to remain in 4D requires the headache of
further processing to reduce it to a 3D volume.  The AccumulateFilter
already works for me in going from ND to (N-1)D so there are no code changes
required.

Can the concept check allow either the same dimension or one less, because
people may already be using either of these conventions?  I dont think
enforcing either one exclusively is a good idea in terms of backwards
compatibility.

I can provide sample code if necessary, but I'd need to extract it from a
larger project.

Casey Goodlett