[Insight-users] C++ compilers

Robert Edward Martin remartin at connect.carleton.ca
Thu Jul 27 16:46:17 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am new to the ITK project having just downloaded the sourcefiles.  I
am currently trying to find a C++ compiler that will make the build
files in the CMAKE interface but wonder if anyone can recommend one
(open source or otherwise) that they prefer.  I have downloaded Borland
5.5, which was one of the recommended compilers (a few years ago?)
though when I went to comfigure the project I received the message

CMake Error: Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was:make
"cmTryCompileExec\fast

and

THe C compiler "C;/program Files/Borland/Bin/bcc32.exe" is not able to
compile a simple test program.  It fails with the following output:
THe system cannot find the file specified
Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was: make
"cmTryCompileExec\fast"

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

Does this mean, perhaps, that I should look into a different compiler
or could I make this work somehow?  Does anyone see anything glaring as
to why it is not working as yet?

Truly appreciate your input

Robert Martin