[Insight-users] how to read a dicom file of 16 bits?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Feb 24 08:38:31 EST 2006

I believe gdcm 0.6 used to redirect the output of the jpeg library on stdout/stderr. It only means that the DICOM header specify that the JPEG stream is encoded on 16bits, but when reading the jpeg header, the stream is declared as 12bits. You should be fine, please discard the message.

BTW, if you update to a later ITK the message should be gone.
Mathieu