[Insight-users] Using release versions of ITK filters in debug version of User program

Mike Feur mikefeur_02 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 23:18:13 EST 2006

Thanks for the response Kevin.  I don't think I'll be able to step through my code if I compile it as 'release with debug info' though.  I'll give it a try but I'll need to recompile ITK as release with debug info first.

I'm sure I can't be the only one who has had this problem.  What are other people's experiences?  Surely it's not necessary to wait 15 minutes for a ITK filter to complete when debugging a GUI wrapper?

"Kevin H. Hobbs" <kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu> wrote: On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 10:27 -0800, Mike Feur wrote:
> I am guessing that the configuration setting of my program determines
> whether I link to the release or debug versions of ITK.

I think very little of ITK is actually compiled until you compile your
program. There are all those templates remember.  When you compile in
debug I bet every .txx gets compiled for debug.

Have you tried compiling release with debug info?