[Insight-users] Using release versions of ITK filters in debug version of User program

Mike Feur mikefeur_02 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 13:27:38 EST 2006

  Hello,
         I have a problem which likely has a simple solution but I have searched through the manual, the mailing list, the source code; have altered cmake.txt files settings and VS IDE directory settings, but have had no luck.
My Configuration:

VS 2005 Windows XP ITK 2.4.  I successfully compiled both the release and debug versions of ITK.
My problem:
    When using MedianImageFilter with a 3x3x3 kernel on a 200x200x100 3D unsigned short image, the execution time is 15 minutes when stepping through the debug release of my program.  On the other hand, if I set the configuration of my program to 'release', the execution time is ~1 second when running the .exe from the command line.  I am guessing that the configuration setting of my program determines whether I link to the release or debug versions of ITK.
    My question:
    How can I compile my program in debug configuration, but have it linked to the release version ITK algorithms for speed?  This is necessary as I need to step through my program (but not into the ITK algos) for debugging purposes.
        Thanks very much for your time.
    Mike