[Insight-users] gdcm linker error

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Feb 20 15:35:44 EST 2006

Ipek Oguz wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm getting the following error while trying to build the cvs version:
>
> gdcmSerieHelper.obj : fatal error LNK1179: invalid or corrupt file:
> duplicate comdat "?sort at std@@YAXPAPAVFile at gdcm@@0P6A_NPAV23 at 1@Z at Z"
>
> I google'd the error and it says it could happen if I have both a /H and
> a /Gy options to my project in MSVC6 - I don't have either one. Any
> suggestions?

This should be fixed in current CVS. Sorry for troubles.

Just because I spent too much time on this issue, here is the detail.
This problem is a big phat 'feature' of the obsolete VS6 compiler. This
is reported among its other 'features':
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q243451/
-> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q240871/

A solution is described in detail at:
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/Cpp/cpp_mfc/stl/article.php/c4079/
or
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2003-November/006150.html

Basically I had to create a functor around the function:
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmSerieHelper.cxx?root=Insight&sortby=date&r2=1.21&r1=1.20

Hopefully ITK will soon stop supporting VS6 :)
Mathieu
Ps: The worse part is that it does not shows up in GDCM own dashboard
for some bizarre reason...