[Insight-users] GradientDifferenceImageToImageMetric?

D.F.Habets dhabets at imaging.robarts.ca
Thu Feb 16 22:48:08 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

    I am trying to use the itkGradientDifferenceImageToImageMetric, but
cannot get it to return anything but zero values for the Derivative. I
looked through the list archive and found some references to bugs that
were fixed in it, but could it be it's still problematic in the latest
stable release?

I looked at the code and it uses a harcoded 0.001 delta in the calculation
of the gradient and I didn't see that in any other
ImageToImageMetric.

So my question is, does it actually work? Why is the delta hardcoded to
0.001?

Thanks for your input,

Damiaan