[Insight-users] Re: WrapITK: more windows build errors

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at cpbotha.net
Tue Feb 14 18:35:55 EST 2006

Hi there Zach (and others),

On 2/14/06, Zachary Pincus <zpincus at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Also, could you send me the entire function 'static PyObject
> *_wrap_itkMultiThreader_SetMultipleMethod(PyObject *, PyObject
> *args)' from wrap_ITKCommonBasePython.cxx (should be lines 4500-4600
> or so) so I can check this theory out more carefully?

I've made the complete source of wrap_ITKCommonBasePython.cxx
(containing the definitions of SetMultipleMethod amongst others)
available at http://visualisation.tudelft.nl/~cpbotha/thingies/zach/wrap_ITKCommonBasePython.cxx.gz

Another interesting observation while re-initialising a brand new
build directory, was that during the first build most of the targets
complained about itk.swg not existing.  I double checked, no itk.swig
in the SWIG directory.  After the first build completes, the itk.swg
is created (more or less at the end).  Restarting the build (after
letting it run to completion the first time) it goes through the whole
build again without complaining about itk.swg.

> In the mean time, I think that WrapITK will work right without
> wrappers for the multithreader. I'm not ready to say that it should
> be removed from WrapITK though... but if we can't fix these build
> problems, then maybe it will have to be.

After having removed the wrappers for the itkMultiThreader, and then
building with a WrapITK with a CVS CableSwig, ITK-2-4-1 ITK and CMake
2.2.3, VS.NET 2003 on XP, my build yields the following errors (my
CMakeCache.txt for this build is available at
http://visualisation.tudelft.nl/~cpbotha/thingies/zach/CMakeCache-withoutMultiThreader.txt
):

_ITKCommonAPython error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
static class itk::CovariantVector<float,2> const
itk::NumericTraits<class itk::CovariantVector<float,2> >::Zero"
(?Zero@?$NumericTraits at V?$CovariantVector at M$01 at itk@@@itk@@2V?$CovariantVector at M$01 at 2@B)

_ITKCommonAPython error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
static class itk::CovariantVector<float,3> const
itk::NumericTraits<class itk::CovariantVector<float,3> >::Zero"
(?Zero@?$NumericTraits at V?$CovariantVector at M$02 at itk@@@itk@@2V?$CovariantVector at M$02 at 2@B)

_ITKCommonAPython error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
static class itk::RGBPixel<unsigned char> const
itk::NumericTraits<class itk::RGBPixel<unsigned char> >::Zero"
(?Zero@?$NumericTraits at V?$RGBPixel at E@itk@@@itk@@2V?$RGBPixel at E@2 at B)

_ITKCommonAPython error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_init_SwigExtras referenced in function _init_ITKCommonAPython

Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Charl