[Insight-users] Topologically consistent isosurface extraction

Kai Li likai at cs.uoregon.edu
Mon Feb 13 19:11:38 EST 2006

Hi there,
  I noticed that the classic Marching cubes isosurface algorithm has been
implemented in ITK in the filter itkBinaryMask3DMeshSource. I wonder if
any of the variants, such as the algorithm proposed by B.K. Natarajan
("On generating topologically consistent isosurfaces from uniform
samples") is also implemented in ITK. Is the filter
"itkBinaryMask3DMeshSource" the only one that deals with isosurface
extraction. Does it have some options/constrols for selecting other
Marching cube variants?

Thanks,
Kai