[Insight-users] Compiling error C2059 in itkNumerics

Floca, Ralf Ralf.Floca at med.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Feb 9 04:23:19 EST 2006

Hallo

I try to compile itk 2.4.0 with MS VS C++ 2005. Everything works fine.
Only the compiling of itkNumerics aborts because of error C2059.

The compiler output:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: ITKNumerics, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'ITKNumerics',
configuration 'Debug|Win32'
Building Custom Rule ITKNumerics.vcproj.cmake
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
C:/DATEN/Development/Insight/ITK-Bin
Compiling...
lbfgsb.c
C:\DATEN\Development\Insight\ITK\Utilities\vxl\v3p\netlib\netlib.h(25) :
error C2059: syntax error : 'type'

Part of netlib.h provoking the error:

#include <vxl_config.h>
#if VXL_C_MATH_HAS_SQRTF
float sqrtf(float);    <--- Line 25
#else
# define sqrtf(f) ((float)sqrt((double)(f)))
#endif

My CMake options where set for compiling VS C++ 2005. Using the same
installation of itk, it is no problem to compile it with VS C++ 7.1.

Could anybody give me a clue or hint, what the problem could be and how
to get itk completely compiled with VS C++ 2005.

Thank you very much.

Ralf o Floca

Ralf Floca
University of Heidelberg
Institute for Medical Biometry and Informatics
Department of Medical Informatics
Im Neuenheimer Feld 400
D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany             Tel. : +49 (0)6221 56-7484
http://www.med.uni-heidelberg.de/mi     Fax  :               -4997
ralf.floca at med.uni-heidelberg.de        Sekr.:               -7483